Friday 24 February 2012

Papercrafting Part 2

The next favourite of mine are Zim and Zou.

They are a French Graphic Design studio who love paper just slightly more than I do! Probably there most recognised project was taking 80's pieces of technology and recreating them in vibrant colours of card, called Back To Basics.

They have a refreshing approach by trying to promote 'real art' in Graphic Design and Advertising and trying to highlight and promote all aspects of real craftmanship. In an interesting article on the Don't Panic website, they mention their aims to show the balance of power between digital and paper production. With this project it does resonate more because I remember when the objects first saw the light of day in the shops and everyone was amazed at the technology. But, it's amazing that in such a short time they have all but disappeared and can even be seen in some museums.

Why I like them so much is that I thought I had a lot of patience when I am crafting something but they take it to a whole new level!

No comments:

Post a Comment