Sunday 12 February 2012

Current Freelance Work

I am trying desperately to finish off some work to put together a revamped portfolio to take with me to some new appointments. The first picture is some labels for a local cider producer. As well as being a very nice drink, the makers are really nice clients to deal with and are extremely passionate about their product which makes any dealings, a pleasure.

The wine labels have been more trouble than they were worth if I am honest. It is always difficult having a client that doesn't really know what they want. twinned with a designer who is still finding his feet. I was left to my own devices with them and to design what I felt would look right. The idea came from scribbles in a notebook and just playing with words to describe the wines like intense and unique taste. This was made even more difficult given that the wine itself isn't that good. As a newcomer to packaging design, it must fill you with more ideas and passion if you believe in the product, or you like the food or drink you are designing the packaging for. The positive aspects that have come from this job are knowing when to say enough is enough. I have lost count of how many reworks have been done to the words, typeface, colours etc etc. But, even though they have been a millstone around my neck the last few weeks, I still quite like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment