Tuesday 20 March 2012

It's All In The Stars!

The last few weeks I have been reading The Metro on the iPad which is a great way to get your daily dose of news. It's a great way to keep in touch with what's going on but doesn't take you too long to read it. Plus some of the pictures featured are amazing.

So while you are flicking through most newspapers, as well as the crossword, there are the obligatory horoscopes. Now I don't believe in them for a second but lately, they have been freakishly close to what has been happening. I present the facts:

March 6th 2012

Somewhere down the line your work life has merged with your social life as you become closer with your associates. You could stand to learn a thing or two from each other so everyone wins all around.


Now that was the first one I actually took any notice of. The next one I read goes:

March 13th 2012


Almost out of the blue, a work project takes an interesting turn making you feel confident about its direction. You may have to dig deep to find a solution but you've got a unique perspective.


When you read some of these you start to try and make it fit your own life or set of circumstances but from now on the first page I found myself turning to was the horoscopes! It continues:

March 14th 2012


What people appreciate about you most at the moment is how you can remain positive even through times of adversity. So even if you're pushed beyond an acceptable limit at work, you'll get on with the job.

March 16th 2012


While you enjoy engaging with a like minded group, you may have had your fill. You don't need their validation, just be true to who you are and focus your attention on personal development.

March 19th 2012


Over the past few weeks, you've been on a journey of self discovery. It may not have been easy but now you have a better idea of your strengths. Don't sweat the small stuff and the rest will fall into place.


It's starting to get a bit creepy now. That is until today. Following on from my tutorial last Friday we discussed what I was up to at the moment and trying to revamp my work and improve on my dreadful CV. Not because of the content but how it is laid out and leaving out quite a few achievements. One thing I need to work on is promoting myself better. There are lots of things that I can do or have done but I tend not to tell anyone about them. So you can imaging my surprise on seeing today's horoscope. As with all the others, I have copied them word for word.

20th March 2012


You've proved your self worth and now you're ready to make something of yourself. Promoting yourself and your skills comes easier to you now and you're not prepared to undervalue the work you do.


Am I prepared for tomorrows horoscope......

No comments:

Post a Comment