Friday 22 June 2012

Employment Updates

So this week has been a very strange one filled with a lot of disappointments. Firstly I didn't get shortlisted for the Design Bridge Student Awards. In hindsight not a surprise judging by the other work that had been submitted. I didn't get the job or placement at Elmwood either or the placement at Purpose. Plus no forthcoming placement at Pearlfisher.

It's always a strange feeling when you get a lot of rejections in such a short space of time that inevitably you do begin to question yourself. Am I still on the right path and is it still worth doing? The answer is a bit fuzzy at the moment. I am under no illusions that I am ever going to be a designer that changes the world or wins awards but I still think I have a place somewhere, it's just hidden at the moment. Part of the problem is not ever being satisfied with what I do and this is something which may never change but I need to adapt so that I can at least partly accept my work for what it is.

For the time being it's full steam ahead for the Lichfield Festival Market which is only two weeks away and I have so much still left to do. Lots of printing, signage, website, leaflets, display etc etc etc. Plus a lot more different designs which are still at the development stage. It will get done in time as I tend to thrive on unnecessary pressure. Time to refocus!

No comments:

Post a Comment