Sunday 1 July 2012

Current State Of Play

Just as a quick update, here's what's going on at the moment.

I went down to Bristol last week to the Arnolfini for a talk by Pearlfisher's Karen Welman. Definitely worth the trip down there as it was another inspirational talk and also found out a bit more about the West of England Design Forum who hold quite a few regular events. Plus the area around the gallery is a great place to hang out and people watch.

This week I have to get lots and lots of designs finished for the Festival Market next Saturday which is proving a bigger task than I first realised. I have all the ideas sketched out and formalised but its one thing to create one picture but having to hand make a dozen at a time is quite time consuming but once I have worked out some basic cutting patterns it will hopefully get quicker.

I have managed to secure a couple of interviews in the next couple of weeks, both for real jobs.The first one is this Wednesday for a Graphic Designer based in Leicester. It's not that far to commute to and it would give me some much needed experience. The second job is for a Consultant Engineer position based in Birmingham. It's basically something I have done before which is dealing with audio visual equipment and working with electrical schematics to design the complete sound and visual setups.

On from that, my second placement starts at Dew Gibbons in a couple of weeks which I am looking forward to. I haven't managed to get around to designing any more packaging designs at the moment as my coastal dreams work has been taking up all my time. But, there are only so many hours in the day and I can't do everything so it's worth concentrating on getting this off the ground first and then once it gets a bit of momentum, I can look at starting my own studio then.

Right, back to the scalpel!

No comments:

Post a Comment