Wednesday 8 August 2012

Job Interviews

Like a dog with a bone, I am determined to get somewhere this year and have had some responses to a few job applications this week which have been positive. Today I went to an advertising agency in Birmingham for an Artworker role. It is working shifts but as it is only a half hour drive away, I don't really mind. Plus it will bring in some much needed money.

The agency that rang me about the job said it was a small agency of about 15 people who have a small office in the new Fort Dunlop building by the Fort Shopping Centre. It turned out to be more like 100 people working there and they have an amazing list of clients on their books. I don't want to name names just in case but they have worked for what seems most of the retail brands you can think of! So the interview went really well and I think I made a good impression. I didn't have to talk through my portfolio for a change either as they had seen it from my emails and were suitably impressed with the attention to detail. All I have to do now is to attend again and sit an informal test on a Mac to see if I am capable of the work involved. Needless to say I will be taking my Mac on holiday next week and polishing up a few grey areas in my knowledge before the following week. It would be an ideal role for me working in Birmingham at an agency that runs and works like the top London equivalents. Just got to play the waiting game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment