Monday 7 May 2012

Never Knowingly Undersold

It seems that John Lewis is bucking the trend at the moment. With so many companies struggling to survive at the moment, it seems that some consumers still rely on quality products and like good customer service which John Lewis is renowned for. The last time I was in Tamworth, I popped into the new John Lewis Home store which hasn't been open long. The whole atmosphere and experience is like no other department store and when I heard they were opening in Tamworth, I was a bit sceptical. But the store was very busy and even looking at the car park, there was a lot of expensive vehicles who were obviously prepared to travel for the experience.

The latest venture for John Lewis is a new Broadband service which has been branded by NB Studio, a Branding and Communications Studio based in London. They are trying to phase out their old Greenbee service and have one that matches their master brand but also to try and appeal to the hesitant or dissatisfied consumer.
I really like the new design as it not only uses one of my favourite typefaces, Gill Sans, but the colour palette used is very effective and echoes the John Lewis brand very well. I would have loved to be involved with something like this as it looks like an interesting project to be involved with and the finished range of design products is very appealing. I admire how they are marketing a fast broadband service that also conveys a feeling of calm and something trustworthy at the same time. Even down to the design of the customer invoices which have a coherent design whilst looking interesting. I can't think of any other bill that drops through my door that looks anywhere as attractive as the one shown below.




No comments:

Post a Comment